Ah Yes...Zest

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fruit Shakes

Healthy-After-School-Snacks




It's that time of year again.  The kids are all headed back to school.  I don't know about you... but my boys always come home from school with empty stomachs, and they always want something sweet as an afterschool snack. 

I like to make fruit shakes for my boys when they get home.  This way I know that they are eating healthy and getting their fruits for the day. 
 
I always keep a variety of frozen fruits in the freezer so that I can quickly throw a healthy treat together!



Today I made a family favorite...

Strawberry Peach Mango Shake

2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 package of each:
16 oz. Frozen Peaches
16 oz. Frozen Mangos
16 oz. Frozen Strawberries

I always thaw out the fruit a bit by either letting it sit out for an hour or two before using or by warming in the microwave for about 2 minutes. 

Next throw everything into a blender and blend. 

You can add more or less of any ingredient.  You can also use Splenda in place of the sugar for fewer calories.  Serves 3-4.



No comments:

Post a Comment